December 18, 2011: Planning By the Numbers

G'day mates!

As an engineer, I naturally like numbers. Therefore, I thought I would share some of the final numbers during the planning phase of this trip.

2: Number of countries that we will visit
4: Number of friends embarking on this adventure
5: Number of rental cars we will rent
9: Number of cities where that we will visit
11: Number of hotels that we will sleep in
11: Number of flights that we will take during the three weeks
15: Number of teleconferences held since January
21: Number of flight changes as a result of changing airline timetables
22: Number of days of the trip
64: Number of times THE SPREADSHEET was updated with significant changes
78: Number of confirmation numbers for pre-booked items
461: Number of miles per hour of the planned flights
608: Number of E-mails exchanges since January
1,791: Number of miles expected to be driven
3,190: Number of minutes expected to be spent on an airplane while away from the US


Sort of crazy!