July 20, 2011: First Blog Post!

G'day mates!

So this is what a blog is? I figured this is a good place for us to share with our friends and family our adventures over the course of our adventures in Oceania throughout December and January. You might be asking yourself, "Why the heck is there a blog post in July for a trip that is five months away?" The answer can be explained with one very simple, four letter word: BRAD. You see, as my friends and fellow travelers have very quickly learned in planning this trip, I have a tendency to uber-plan things and I like to do so early. Hence this blog being started in July. (BTW, if it isn't clear I am an engineer, it should be after the clear anal retentiveness in the planning and the hence in the previous explanation...). Over the next couple of posts I hope to layout the origins of the trip, provide an overview of the travelers setting out on this adventure of a lifetime, and our planned itinerary and destinations. For now, enjoy pictures from the cities that we will visit.

Auckland, New Zealand
Rotorua, New Zealand
Wellington, New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand
Queenstown, New Zealand
Milford Sound, New Zealand
Sydney, Australia
Ayers Rock (Uluru), Australia
Port Douglas, Australia